November 16, 2008

WTF?

I bought a new blow dryer about two or three weeks ago. Last night when I was drying my hair this tag fell off of the cord and I read it for the first time:

Warning: The power cord on this product contains lead, a chemical know to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
What the eff? Why would the manufacturer put lead in the cord? I have been using this blow dryer (which I love) for this long and didn't see that warning before. What if I had been a pregnant mom-to-be and was using this dryer? I would have ended up with a messed up baby. It's a good thing that I always wash my hands after I do my hair anyway because I have serious hand washing issues (it's probably the nurse in me). Now I can't let my girls use this dryer. It's a good thing they have their own.

1 comments:

wickenden said...

hey Heather, saw your comment on the Utah Beer blog. Didn't know if you'd see my reply there, so I'm leaving it here. I believe Angie stocks Vampire Vineyards in the Lindon, UT store.

Cheers!