November 15, 2008

Tag! I'm it

My friend Donna tagged me with this one.

List 6 strange or quirky things about yourself:

1- I work nights and love it
I work an all night shift from 6 pm to 6 am. I have tried other nursing shifts and they wear on me. When I work days starting a 6 am I wake up all night worried that I have overslept my alarm clock. I am so sleep deprived when I work "normal" hours.

2- I was 30 years old before I went to a concert
Actually I was 30 years old before I did a lot of things that most people consider a rite of passage. That was the age when I first went on vacation by myself, went dancing in a bar, bought my own music CD's, and many other things. The old saying "Life begins at 30" was true for me.

3- I play World of Warcraft
This one isn't as strange because many people play WoW. It's just that most of them aren't 32 year old mothers of 3 who go to work and school full time. I don't quite fit the "nerd" image that most people hold in their minds but I really am a full time nerd. I embrace this.

4- I can't stay awake for a movie
No, really. I have started so many movies that I can't count them. People at work will talk about this great movie and I have to say either "Stop! Don't talk about that, I haven't finished it yet." or "Oh, that sounds like a great part. I fell asleep before that happened." The only time I stay awake for a movie is when we go to the theater, but not every time.

5- I love karaoke- sober
I don't have the best voice or stage presence. I often sing songs that are COMPLETELY out of my vocal range (which is only 2 notes). My motto happens to be "If you can't sing well, sing loud". But I cannot deny the total adrenaline rush that come along with getting up on a stage in front of perfect strangers and singing. It is better than any buzz alcohol can provide.

6- I live NEXT DOOR to my boyfriend
That is the one that people think is the weirdest. We moved in to the same apartment building after we had been dating just a little while- I think around 3 or 4 months- and have decided that this arrangement works out the best for us. We can see each other all that we want to, we are not financially dependent on each other, we have our own spaces, and we have two kitchens- especially awesome when the holidays roll around. I'm sure at some point we will live in the same house but now is just not the time for that.

I tag Shawn and Cass, Dona Shock, Eleanor Cleverly, Casey Esplin, Lindsay Carrick, and Andrea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Thanks for the tag and I'll get right on top of my quirky for a post tomorrow ;)
ps. love the new layout!

Heather said...

Thanks. I am going to figure out this HTML stuff it kills me.