August 1, 2008

San Diego Zoo

We went to the San Diego Zoo the second day that we were there. It was awesome! We saw so many cool animals. We also realized that we are completely gypped in the zoo department back here in Utah. The displays were incredible. We got to ride the sky tram and the double decker bus around too. We all had a blast.


The kids petting a goat in the children's zoo.


Yes, I made them pose for this picture. They all complained loudly but I know that they secretly loved it.


My monkey boys.


This polar bear was just lounging in the sun the whole time.


William and I in front of an Asian elephant.


The coolest snake picture I took. They had so many types of snakes and lizards. We were all fascinated.


William was not too keen on petting the lizard.


A beautiful macaw. There were lots of exotic birds and we got to see a group of macaws free fly through the zoo.

Ridin' the lizard.

The lighter colored goat had an attitude problem the whole time we were there. He didn't like all of the little kids around trying to touch him. The darker goat got too close and so the lighter one started head butting him. They had it out for a few minutes.

1 comments:

dawn said...

I love the San Diego Zoo! I remember going there with my folks when I was a kid,(in the fifties). We were able to watch it expanded over the years. I especially like the Wild Animal Park in Escondido which is part of the zoo. You feel like you are actually on a safari when you go there.
Glad you had a great time!
Love you all Dawn