August 5, 2008

Running

When I got divorced I started running. I completed only one 5K race, the Salt Lake City 5K that is at the same time as the SLC marathon. It was so much fun! After that I started nursing school and let that be my excuse to not run so much. In January I started training for the SLC half marathon in April but a knee injury kept me from that. I have been going to a sports medicine chiropractor and doing some work on my knees, feet, hips and back to get me to the point where I'll be able to run again. Well that time has come. I am starting to run and would like to start running 5K races again. I have decided to not run anything longer for now and focus on getting faster. My goal is to run 6 5K races by next April. I figure if I make my goal public I will be more bound to do it.


Before my first 5 K.


After.


Finishing the race was such a great feeling and I can't wait to start doing it again. I bet that if I do all the running that I plan I may be able to run the half marathon next April in SLC.

1 comments:

Donalyn said...

Looking Good...you go girl