April 14, 2008

Hired!



I got a call today from the New Nurse Residency Program at UVRMC. They extended an offer for me to join the program and I accepted. This program is awesome. They train new nurses for up to 12 weeks (the average is 10) in many different areas of the hospital. The ER, ICU, NICU, and oncology floors are all included in this training. I pick three areas that I would like the most and then they pair me with a nurse who will help me learn. This is full time work- three 12 hour shifts a week. Then one day a week I will attend a four hour class that teaches us more in depth things like reading an EKG, code blue responses, and other critical care skills that aren't taught to this level in nursing school. I am hoping that I get permanently hired in one of these areas about six weeks into the program. This is a wonderful opportunity for me. It does require at least a one year commitment out of me, so plans to move to SLC next winter are on the back burner for now. The kids are happy about that. I will still be working one day a week at my current job in the rehab and nursing center. I can't believe that everything is falling into place so well.

1 comments:

Donalyn said...

You are good at everything you do!!! Way to go!!!