December 8, 2008

Pain!

So I have been having this pain in the left side of my abdomen for about 2 months now. Finally last week I got of work early (at midnight) and went down to the ER. I did my final semester of nursing school there so I know almost all the nurses and techs. I told them about my pain and the doctor wanted me to have a CT scan of my abdomen. I had to drink contrast, one cup every 10 minutes for a total of 6 cups. That stuff is nasty! I now feel bad that I have to make my patients drink that stuff. Anyway after the contrast had worked its way through my GI tract I went and got my scan. It showed... NOTHING! Okay my spleen is slightly enlarged but that is to be expected with the mono. All my lab tests came back normal too. We now know what it isn't. I told the doctor that my pain usually comes after I eat and he recommended that I go to a gastroenterologist. He wants me to get my stomach scoped because it could be an ulcer. Fun for me. I'm going to wait until the first of the year because I have a deductible on my insurance that starts fresh every year. I hope that it is nothing too serious. If I don't eat between now and next year I should be pain free. Ha ha.

1 comments:

Cass said...

Ouch! I am so sorry you are feeling sick. I hope the doctor doesn't find anything that can't be fixed easily. We'll send good wishes your way. Feel better soon!!