March 23, 2009

Meeting my family

My dad is from New Jersey and he and my mom divorced when I was too young to remember him. He's had a lot of things he has had to deal with over the years and has not been a part of my life. About 10 years ago, I found his sister, Barbara, and through her found my Grandma Brown. I never thought that I would have the opportunity to meet any of them but since I went to New York I figured this could be now or never. My sweet grandma is now 84 and I am so glad that I finally got to meet her. Melissa came with me and documented the whole thing.



Me and my Grandma Brown at cousin Margarete's house.



Me and my dad's sister, Aunt Barbara. She was the initial contact all those years ago. When she saw me for the first time she said "You look like your dad!"



Aunt Barbara's husband, Ken, showing off a hat.



Looking at family pictures. My cousin Margarete is showing me her family albums. My grandma is standing at her left.



Me and Grandma Brown. We went to eat at a local diner.

1 comments:

Matt and Amber said...

hey! That's so cool you got to go see your family! How have you been lately? Things for us are going well. My husband went back to school so I'm working. I took off two months when I had Cash but went back. I'm doing home care. I really dig it. I was never very good at the twelve hour shifts ya know??!!! So are you going to be working with Rachiele? Is she still over that way? What made you done with the seventh floor? You might know some of the nurses I work with. There's one named Lily that works up there I think.